Sunday, April 19, 2015

Shinespark Polish 80's Neon Collection Swatches/Review!

Hey everyone!

Today I have swatches of the 80's Neon Collection from Shinespark Polish to show you guys. This collection consists of 7 neon polishes that are perfect for Summer. When I first saw these I thought they were just cremes but when I got them they have teeny tiny micro shimmer in them, all 7 do. I know some people don't like shimmers but this shimmer isn't like the annoying kind that gets all over your fingers when you remove it, it actually comes off and leaves no mess! Amazing, I know! The colors that are in this collection are so pretty and SO NEON! There is a pink, orange, red, yellow, green, blue, and a purple polish in this collection. The formula was smooth like buttah with these polishes and the dry time and self leveling was amazing! What more could you ask for!? Let's get into the swatches!


Keep reading to see my swatches and read what I think about each polish!

80's Neon Collection by Shinespark Polish


First up is "Pumped Pink" This is a very bright blue based pink with tiny micro-shimmer in it. I applied 2 coats with top coat for this swatch. I used "HK Girl" by Glisten and Glow. I used the same top coat for all of my swatches. I loved this one it was definitely one of my favorite ones out of the 7. It's showing up a bit lighter in the picture but is actually more of a strawberry color rather than a bubblegum. This polish dried so quickly and the self leveling was amazing. The formula was so smooth on this polish it was definitely great to work with. I can't wait for Summer I think this one would be perfect to put on your toes! The only problem that I had with this polish is that it stained a little at the cuticles but nothing too major.


Next is "Outrageous Orange" I applied 3 coats for full opacity plus top coat. Now I really liked this one, I typically am not that attracted to orange polish but I actually really enjoyed this one. This one has tiny micro-shimmer in it and is the perfect mango color. It's more of a yellow orange rather than like a true orange color. It's very pretty and very neon. The dry time and self leveling were great, and also it didn't stain which is a huge plus!


Next we have "Radical Red" I applied 2 coats plus top coat. This was one of my favorites from this collection hands down! This is a pink based red with tiny micro-shimmer in it. It looks so orange in this picture but I promise it's redder than it looks. I absolutely am in love with this color, I have nothing like it in my collection! The formula was so smooth and creamy and the self leveling was great. Definitely a must have from this collection!


Next is "Yuppie Yellow" This color is so blindingly bright and in your face, it reminds me of a highlighter except with micro-shimmer in it. This color was not my favorite, I am not a fan of these kinds of colors. I'm just being real with you guys. The formula was a little patchy and thin. I applied 3 coats plus top coat for this swatch and I could still see parts of my nail through the polish. It did dry quickly and self leveled and since I am very patient when it comes to polish I was able to work with it and get it to look okay. I think maybe if I had applied a 4th coat it would have been okay but 4 coats for a polish seems a little bit much in my opinion. And it also stained my cuticles. (sad face)  So overall I didn't enjoy this one all that much.


Next is "Glam Green" This color is gorgeous! I enjoyed this one so much I didn't want to take it off. I applied 3 coats with top coat. This is such a fun color it's so bright it's almost blinding and I love that about it. This one again like the rest had micro-shimmer in it. It self leveled and it dried so quickly and it was not chalky at all can you believe it?! Usually these kinds of colors are chalky for the most part but this one was not. (yay!) This is another one of those colors that would looks great with a tan or on your toes. You definitely need this one for Summer!


Next up is "Bouncin' Blue" This is the last polish that I swatched out of fear that it would stain my nails and cuticles but guess what? It didn't! That is amazing because usually these kinds of blues are so pigmented that they stain like crazy but I'm so happy this one did not. I don't know how it would wear when you actually have it on for a couple of days but as far as for swatching it didn't stain.  I applied 2 coats plus top coat. Like the rest this one has tiny micro-shimmer in it as well. The dry time and self leveling were fantastic and I love that it's so pigmented. Such a pretty shade of blue, it shows up very true to color in this picture.


And last up we have "Psych'd Purple" First of all I love the name! I had been searching for a color like this one for a while and I finally found it. This color is gorgeous it looks almost like a jelly. I applied 2 coats plus top coat. The formula was great and the dry time and self leveling was awesome. The only downside is that it did stain my cuticles when I took it off. I don't mind that much because the color is so darn gorgeous.



Here are some closeup shots so that you can get an idea as to what I meant when I kept saying tiny micro-shimmer. The shimmer is very subtle but it adds a little something extra. It is very pretty and it's not like the annoying kind of shimmer!


Here is "Psyched Purple"


Next we have "Radical Red"


Here is "Outrageous Orange"


And lastly here is "Bouncin' Blue"



Lastly I would like to share with you my picks from this collection. My top 3 are:
1. "Radical Red"
2. "Psych'd Purple"
3. "Glam Green"


Definitely check out Shinespark Polish. They are a great indie brand that deserves way more hype than they already have. I absolutely loved these polishes and I think you would too!

Well there you have it all 7 polishes from the 80's Neon collection from Shinespark Polish. If you liked any of the polishes that I talked about click here and you will be taken to Molly's website and you can purchase them if you'd like. I really enjoyed this entire collection except for the yellow one but all in all they all had great formulas, great dry time, great self-leveling and of course great neon colors that are perfect for the summertime! I hope you enjoyed and found my review helpful!



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: