Friday, April 10, 2015

Ombré Nail Tutorial

Hey everyone!

Today I have a mini tutorial on how to achieve ombre nails. This isn't going to be an actual tutorial with pictures but I will kind of guide you through the steps that it takes to get pretty ombre nails. I went with a purple ombre since it is my favorite color! It's very simple to achieve this look and I by any means am I a pro but these tips that I'm about to share with you are what works for me. If you want to know how I did these nails and what polishes I used then just click below to keep reading!





Here are the steps that I took to achieve this look:

1. The first thing you want to do is paint your nails with any polish that your little heart desires. I chose Floss Gloss's 'Lean' which is a gorgeous creme shade of purple
2. The next thing is to make sure your polish is fully dry or almost dry
3. Next, take a makeup sponge any one will work for this part. What I do is I take the makeup sponge and I rip it in half vertically. It's a little hard to explain but I rip it in half and paint on the edge that was just ripped. I paint on the two colors which in this case was the same one as the base color and for the darker purple I used Lucky Lacquer's 'Lavender' which is a gorgeous deep purple creme polish.
4. When the colors are on the sponge I start to sponge on the colors in dabbing motions, I dab up and dab down to get the colors to blend together. I do this until I am satisfied with the colors and if I am not I wait for it to dry a bit and the repaint the colors onto the sponge and then continue sponging until I am happy.
5. The next step is to clean up around the cuticles, I use a small brush and 100% Acetone for this.
6. The last thing to do is to apply top coat. I use 'HK Girl' by Glisten and Glow. Adding top coat to your design will ensure that the colors blend together and it will add great shine!

I hope you girls found this post helpful, and I hope you have a great day!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment